Work productivity is an essential parameter to gauge the performance and efficiency of any working individual, be it a student or a corporate employee. It measures how effectively the resources are allocated and utilized.
In this article, let us discuss the importance of employee productivity and the tools to enhance it.
Significance of Work Productivity in Business
Productivity can signify various things depending on the type of business. Its meaning can range from the quality of work done and products created to the number of tasks executed.
For the modern approach, an employee’s productivity directly corresponds to more valuable and eminent work that they reach within deadlines. It includes the collective and coordinated tasks of the team and its members.
We can estimate and analyze the work productivity of an employee through the following parameter:
- Quality: The execution of tasks does not make someone productive. Each individual has to ensure a superior quality of work to contribute to the team’s productivity. Mistakes are allowed, but they should not be repetitive. They should only serve to rectify such errors in the future.
- Time Management: Productivity is immensely dependent on how an employee manages their time to deliver results. They should be able to perform them without compromising on their quality.
- Deadlines and Regularity: The best way to check whether an employee is productive is by examining their deadline quota. Regular work submission and task completion also play a factor.
- Superior and Client Satisfaction: The primary motive of any employee is to ensure that their superiors and the company’s clients are satisfied with their work. It can be evaluated with reviews, giving a direct measure of productivity.
How to Increase Work Productivity of a Team?
There are several methods to boost a team’s work productivity, including:
- Productivity Tools: Teams can use various time tracking apps and internet messenger tracking and monitoring software to store documents related to their undertaken projects, maintain employee records, and monitor work progress. All these curb the teams’ procrastination tendencies and compel them to work to meet the set deadlines. These tools also note the hours of activity delivered by each member and record their data for later use and reference.
- Feedbacks and Assessments: Reviews on the quality of one’s job helps immensely in determining areas of improvement. Regular evaluation of an employee’s skills, problem-solving abilities, logical thinking skills, and so on can give them an idea of what they lack. It also allows for a healthy competitive drive among all members of the team.
- Communication and Help: It may be that an employee is unproductive because they cannot comprehend and make out a particular task. In that case, guidance, assistance, and comfort from others can aid significantly.