There are a lot of options coming up while surfing through the probable camera options that can be used to put up for surveillance. Bullet cameras, fisheye cameras, and dome cameras are a few of the highly chosen ones. Let us run through the benefits of each one of them to understand which one to buy for your surveillance needs.
- They are very easy to install because they can be easily hung on the ceilings. Mounting and pointing to the direction to be shot is the only thing that needs to be done.
- The longer camera body ensures to help cover a pretty long range and hence longer lenses are used. This is why these cameras typically find their usage outdoors and monitor wider areas.
- Since they are being used outdoors, they are very sturdy and durable and can withstand vandal attacks as well as harsh weather conditions. The camera is also provided with a small “lip” that prevents sunlight and glare from hampering the recording.
- They are a good protector of crime and because of them being mounted at a height, lesser damage can be inflicted upon them and more safely can they record.
- These cameras are used because they can give you the widest view. Also known as the panorama cameras, they are available with facilities to capture 180° or maximum at 360° sights too. Capturing these vast angles are nearly impossible for normal cameras. The better the angle they capture, the lesser will they be giving the blind spots in the recordings.
- They can pan, tilt, and zoom. These cameras can provide this facility both on live or on recordings.
- They have an external casting and cannot be tampered with. The lens is protected heavily.
- These cameras give you the benefit of night vision because they are equipped with IP lights.
- The designs of these cameras are inconspicuous. They are compact and not so bulky. They can easily blend into the surroundings and do not draw attention.
- The casting over the dome does not allow people to understand which side is the camera’s lens pointing. They give good coverage against thefts.
- They are highly regarded to be vandal-proof cameras. The dome protects it from getting damaged.
Choosing the best cameras and installing them at the right places help you overcome all sorts of online security concerns related to the theft of recordings. There are also methods of remote surveillance or cloud storage to secure these issues.