The PDF has too many pages or the signature is missing – with the right software you can edit PDFs completely free of charge. You can find out which tools are particularly popular and which functions they have here with us.
The classic: Free Adobe Acrobat Reader for editing PDFs
Probably the best-known manufacturer of PDF software is Adobe. In addition to the paid subscription, there is also the reader with which PDFs can be opened and edited.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is a standard feature on many computers. PDFs can be opened in it without any problems.
- In addition to reading PDFs, you can also edit them. It is possible, for example, to put your signature digitally under a PDF document or to rearrange the pages.
- The features work perfectly and the program has a user-friendly interface. However, there aren’t that many features available in the free PDF editing version.
More functions in the free AnyPDF tools
For many users, the functions of Adobe Reader are not sufficient. If you want to convert, merge and more documents, however, the AnyPDF tools is an excellent alternative.
- You can merge, split and compress PDF documents in AnyPDF.
- Many other functions are also available: for example, you can convert other formats to PDFs and vice versa, and save multiple PDF files in one document.
- The tool is also suitable for the secure storage of PDF documents, because you can encrypt the files with a password when they are saved.
Another program with many functions for editing PDF documents is PDFCreator.
- The PDFCreator is particularly suitable for converting PDF files.
- It pretends to be a printer in front of your operating system. The “Print” function gives you the option of selecting other formats for your files and simply clicking “Save”.
- Please note during installation: To avoid installing unwanted software, you must remove a tick at the end of the installation process!